Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2-Breakfast



This morning's breakfast was a "southwestern" style sandwich. It was super delicious and filling. I appologize for the crummy phone photo (the memory card was not in my good camera at the time so I had to make do.) The ingredients are simple, it's really easy to make, and you can adjust them as you see fit:


Ingredients:


-1 Cage Free, Organic Brown Egg

-2 to 3 thin slices of an organic cheese of your choice (I used brie because it was what I had)

-A heaping spoonful of an organic salsa of your choice (I used Wholly Salsa.)

-1 bagel, toasted

-A light sprinkling of salt, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper (when I say light, I mean light. I used these for the egg.)


Directions:


-Cook the egg over easy, sprinkling with the spices

-Toast the bagel, top with the egg

-Top the egg with your cheese

-Top the cheese with your salsa

-Place into the over on 400 until the cheese is melted

-Top with the other bagel half and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment