Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 Dinner and Some Thoughts...

This was my awesome dinner this evening. It was a bed of southwestern style whole wheat cous cous with black beans and a bit of organic AND vegetarian Monterrey jack cheese topped with some various skewered veggies, with a lovely salad of mixed greens, grape tomatoes and toasted walnuts.

I am feeling really good so far. I know I can do this. I HAVE to do this and I will do this. I was SO tempted to have just a bite of the steak everyone else had, but I didn't. It smelled so delicious and looked so wonderful, but I am proud that I told myself no and ate what I had. My super awesome husband had originally agreed to go vegetarian with me, but he has a difficult time with new veggies, so he has agreed to cut back on meats and have vegetarian dinners with me at home so I am not tempted. I am proud of him...he tried squash and zucchini this evening and liked them! It was shocking but also nice because those are two veggies that I can now add to the menu that I haven't been able to cook for him before.

I have also requested my husband that he help hold me accountable for my actions and that I will do the same for him. I get so frustrated sometimes when I confess my true weight to my friends and the response is always, "Oh you're not THAT big." Like I would WANT to make up a number that high. Sometimes I wish people would be honest and say, "You know what, that IS bad, but I am here to help in any way I can." I really wouldn't have hurt feelings. My husband was kind enough to say, "You know...you REALLY need to lose weight because I love you and I don't want to see you like this." It was just nice to hear and really encouraging.

I am headed off to bed now. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings.

"Discipline is remembering what YOU want."

No comments:

Post a Comment