Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1-Day 1

"I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am."

Well good morning and Happy New Year to you all! I am going to begin this journey with a photo of myself right now. Please forgive my tired face, I am sick with a cold. I intend to take a picture of myself on the first of every month to track my changes.

Right now I look at this picture and I am pretty disgusted with it. I don't want to be this person anymore and I intend to change it. I am actually excited this time and I refuse to hit 30 at my current weight, which is a whopping 350 pounds. Yeah, I know I said 340 last time, but the last time I stepped on the scale was maybe 8 months ago. What's really shocking to me is how much I gained back in a year. Last January I began a diet, starting at 350 and had lost 35 pounds by April. I was really beginning to feel better and then I hit that wall, which is where I usually fail, and now here I am right back where I started.

This year I vow to push through that wall and continue on a path to healthy eating and living. I know some people may think that becoming a vegetarian is extreme, but it all goes along with pushing through and challenging myself. I am making a lifestyle change and I am committing to vegetarianism for one year. This is day 1. Let's see how this year goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment